Tuesday 2 August 2016

In Their Own Words (17)


In chess your brain starts working. Chess is the greatest thing ever.

Grace (8)

Chess is the best thing in the world and also it is amazing. In chess I played the school champion and I won. When I went home I taught my Mam how to play chess.

Evie (8)

I like chess because it wakes my brain up in the morning and it's really fun whether you win or lose. My favourite piece is the queen because it looks cool and can move in any direction.

Thomas (10)

I like chess because it is very entertaining and fun. Our teacher is very funny and makes me laugh all the time. 

Ellie (10)

I like to castle because your king is the piece that you must protect the most. I also like check because it makes me really excited because it is a chance that you could win. I enjoy chess because I like to challenge myself. My best moment in chess was when I went from really bad to good. My favourite piece is the queen because it is very powerful and it helps you win most of the time.

Holly (10)

I like chess because it's just a fun game that you can play with your friends. And once I got annoyed because my best friend, Thomas, beat me when I could have qualified for the Megafinal. The thing I am most proud about in chess is the last time we played and I needed to get three points to qualify and I did so I was really happy. The other thing I am proud of is beating my sister.

Charlie (10)

I like chess because you can play against your friends and get them in check. 

Joshua (10)

No comments:

Post a Comment