Tuesday 11 September 2018

In Their Own Words (Series Three, Part One)

Hear now the wise words of our chess children, as we start the third series of our popular feature.

I think chess is great because it is basically all about brain skills. My cousins can't play very well so I can teach them how to play. I think that would be a whole lot of fun. I think I am one of the best players.

Michael (7)

I love playing chess. I love winning. I like learning chess and I like the queen.

Luke (6)

Chess is fun and the best part is the work books. I like playing games and wining.

Nicole (6)

I like the pawns because they are the best chess pieces. I like the queen because I love the queen.

Lily (6)


I really like chess. I love playing but I never win.

Daniel  (7)


I like chess because you can play games with friends.

Millie (10)

I like when we play against each other because you and your friends feel competitive but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who wins. It is good as well because some people who were good at the start of the year can now compete against the better people.

Alex (11)


I like chess because it is really fun to learn about an fun to play. My favourite piece odd the rook. It takes a lot of time to learn it but it is worth it and I am good at it now. I have only been playing for six months so it proves how much I have improved.

Husnain (11)

I love chess. It is very fun to play. My best memory in chess is when I won a chess game for the first time. Sometimes it can be a little bit tricky but apart from that I love chess. You can play it with friends too.

Alisha (11)

No comments:

Post a Comment