Friday 16 August 2019

Govanhill Chess Update


My excellent friends Julien and Colin are continuing to create more chess opportunities at the Govanhill Chess Club, hosted by Govanhill Baths.

In a recent messages, Julien told me that the numbers are still growing and now they have entered tow teams in local leagues. Regular training sessions are in the pipeline too.

A lot has happened since we first stated chess there, as part of Project Scotland, last October.

Julien and Colin are in regular contact with me and I am delighted to see how much they are achieving, including lots of community activities.

Two members of the club have now created a fabulous stop motion animation video, which can be seen by clicking here.


I recommend that you follow the club on Facebook to keep up to date with all of their activities, which should give ideas for what you can try at your own chess clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment