Tuesday 7 June 2016

ALMT: First Awards

As previously mentioned, funds from the Angus Lawson Memorial Trust have enabled CSC Teesside to provide a number of chess items for our chess players in the Gifted and Talented category.

I awarded the first of the prizes yesterday to Taylor of Park End Primary School.

Taylor spearheaded the Park End Primary team at the recent CSC Team Tournament, winning both of this games on board 1. He has also won the Park End chess competition for the last three years.

Taylor and I played many times at the Park End lunchtime club while I was there for the pioneering series of staff training days and I was impressed by the standard of his play and his general attitude.

Taylor with his club mates at Park End Primary
I will be presenting more chess items over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment