Monday 16 March 2020

More Postponements

Following yesterday's statement, I unfortunately have to announce further chess postponements.

These are:

The Teesside UKCC Megafinal (scheduled for Sunday 3 May)

The Teesside Individual Chess Championship (Saturday 13 June, although the entry forms hadn't been circulated as yet)

The library sessions at Thornaby Library

The Third Project 30 Celebratory Tournament (Sunday 22 March)

Those who have already entered the Megafinal should await further instructions from myself and the UKCC.

I would very surprised if the other library sessions didn't follow suit very soon.

I would also be surprised if our schools stayed open beyond the end of this week.

It should be obvious how difficult it is for me to have to take such drastic measures but I simply have to put the health of the people first.

We have no idea how long the current crisis will last but rest assured I will be working flat out to try and get the above events back on the calendar as soon as the coast is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment